"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pregnancy Fears and a Baby Nursery

Woah. I got behind on my blogging! Whoops!

Well first thing is first.. We made more progress on the nursery!! Everything that doesn't belong, is officially out of the room. Everything has a place. All that is missing is the dresser, and more supplies. The changing pad will be going on top of the dresser, so we don't need a changing table. Clothes and diaper changing supplies, lotions, etc. will all go in the dresser. Right now we are storing clothes in the crib. Haha.








I had my doctor's appointment this week too. Everything is going great! I drank that nasty glucose water and had my blood drawn. All my blood counts are normal, and my glucose levels are too. Glucose was only at 91, and anything below 131 is considered normal. Whew! That was a HUGE relief for me, because I've been stressing about gestational diabetes more than anything else. I was scared too when I first read the blood counts. My hemoglobin and hematocrit levels were tagged low, but once I read further I found out that they were low for someone who was NOT pregnant. They were totally normal for pregnancy.

Here I am at 27 1/2 weeks.
My doctor also gave me a chart to record fetal kick counts. I don't think that's very necessary. Haha. Jordyn moves soo much! Chris has finally been able to feel some of her kicks too. She seems to be the most active when I am laying down relaxing, and especially after eating. Maybe she is fighting the food for extra room, but whatever it is,  I love feeling it! So far she hasn't really kicked my ribs much. She usually just kicks at my left side. I'm hoping to feel some kicks up near my ribs soon, because I want to make sure she points herself down. No breech babies for me please!

Now that the diabetes test is conquered, my only real fear now is the actual delivery. I'm not too worried about the labor pains. There isn't too much I can do about those, and I'm generally pretty good with pain. I know it will go away eventually, so I just tough it out. Don't get me wrong though, I will definitely be getting an epidural!! My biggest fear is actually having to get a c-section. That scares me to death. The recovery doesn't worry me, I will heal. It's the actual c-section itself that scares me. The whole "being awake while your insides are open to the public" kind of freaks me out.. a lot. I've heard that you can feel some pressure and tugging during the process, and I'm not sure how well I could handle that. I've also heard that family isn't usually allowed in the room during emergency c-sections. I can't do that alone, I will totally have a panic attack. I'm sure of it. So many many prayers are being said.

Are these normal fears? Or am I just paranoid??

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I would say they are normal fears. I've had two c-sections now. The first after 19 hours of labor. It wasn't an emergency one though so michael was allowed in. It's actually nice to be awake so you can hear your baby cry for the first time. The second one I was actually able to watch them pull him out of me. There is some tugging but not too bad since you are more focused on your baby. I'm just grateful I wasn't a pioneer woman or I would have died in childbirth. :-) So anyway try not to worry too much there is only so much you can control and either way baby must come out. Call me anytime if you have questions.

J and M K family said...

Your fears sound normal to me! I haven't had a c-section and I still get worried about them. My fears are because of the scars.... I know, kinda lame. The labor and delivery was the most exciting part for me. Maybe it will be that way for you too. I loved everything that was going on! You'll do great!

Hugs & Loves, Ariel said...

even if you do have a emergency c-section, Chris will be with you, they let your husband be there! matt's aunt had to have one only 2 years ago and her husband was allowed, i'm sure they don't want to many more people but you will for sure have Chris! ;)
and don't worry you'll do great!

Calista said...

I'm sure you read my blog, but for my emergency C-section, Brandon wasn't allowed in. I believe the policy is that if you are going to be awake you can have someone in there with you. But since my epidural wasn't working, I had to be completely sedated, and no one was allowed in. On the plus side, I remember nothing besides being taped to the operating table and being wheeled out some time later - no tugging or anything. The down side is of course that both of us missed Tessa's birth. If you are really concerned, talk to your doctor. I knew for weeks that I might need a c-section, so ask your dr - no need to stress if you don't need to.