"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Grateful

Earlier today I was reading this post on Love Without Training Wheels. (You should really check this blog out, it's wonderful!) I felt like the author, Ada, really knew what she was talking about when she wrote this section:


"Yet when I’m in the midst of making dinner, we can share a silent glance and know that we both want of batch of biscuits to go with the meal. Often A comes from work with an arbitrary bottle of wine tucked under his arm, to celebrate, well, nothing, except maybe an exceptionally good homemade meal or an evening of Netflix watching, cuddled up together on the couch. Once in a while, he comes in the door and tosses a bag of Skittles at me: my favorite candy which I never buy because, well, my teeth would rot out if I bought Skittles every time I had a craving.

Wait, that is romance, isn’t it?"

It was one of those times when you're reading something, and actually respond out loud, because you are so touched by it. I love it when I'm reading something and get to feel that "That's exactly how I feel!" Feeling.. Don't you? Lately I have been feeling especially grateful for Chris. He has been so great with this pregnancy. I've mentioned before that I haven't been sleeping well, so I usually take a nap after work. Chris has taken over a lot of the dinner prep and cooking, so that I can sleep. He has also been helping a lot more with the cleaning and laundry, since I get so winded just walking up the stairs. When I've had my emotional meltdowns, he is handling them like a pro. He doesn't get offended with what I say, and he rarely fights back. He usually just leaves me alone so I can come back down to earth. He has been so fantastic, and I couldn't ask for a better husband, or best friend, during these few months. =D

When I read that blog post earlier, I started feeling the same way. Where did our romance go? But then I realized it has been here all along, it just changed. It's there when I buy his favorite snack at the grocery store, or when I let him spend time with his friends at the RC race track. And it's there when he lets me sleep in an extra hour, while he picks up the house.

I've come to the conclusion that: As long as you both recognize the good intentions behind the action, it doesn't matter what the action actually is, it can still be romantic. <3

Thank you Hunny, from the bottom of my heart. I love you so much!

1 comment:

G. Gamma Day said...

Ohhhh! I'm so proud of him ! I knew he would make a wonderful husband and you two belong together. It takes two to make a happy marriage and you have hit on one of the most important parts. Always take time to remember the little things you do for each other. They add up to something big :) It's only taken me 46 years to figure this out. You beat me good ! Love you both and we will see you soon. Give little Jordyn a love pat from her G. Gramma.