"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Catching Up

I've been a very bad blogger. Sorry about that =/ Things have really taken off with my Sewing Blog and my Etsy Shop. I've been a little distracted. It has been great though! I'm definitely not complaining.I've got an extra $70 hanging out in my PayPal account, so it's totally worth it. Haha.

Baby Stuff: Things are still going great. We have a doctor's appointment in just a few hours. Hoping to hear more good news, as always. One of the few complaints that I have: Sleep, or lack thereof. I'm still losing my battle with my RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). I'm hoping the doctor can give me some advice today. *Cross your fingers* Other than that, it's been pretty easy! My feet and lower back are pretty sore, and my ankles are just starting to get a little poofy. It's definitely hard to bend over and tie my shoes haha. But nothing major at all, we've been lucky. =D Jordyn's room is almost done too! We have just about everything that we need. Just a couple more things to get out of the room, and some last minute organizing. I still have to wash all the blankets and clothes, but that can wait another week or so. Right now I'm just getting to the impatient/nervous stage. I don't anticipate any real problems with the delivery, but it's still scary as heck!

Chris: He has been doing great. Just working mainly. He has also been spending a lot of time with his RC car hobby. He is still selling those sleeping bags that I've told you guys about, and he gets to use those profits to buy parts for his project cars. For a while he was participating in races, but it didn't take long for that to get old. Chris has always been very good at following the rules, and people at the races simply don't, and it takes the fun out of everything for him. Now that summer is getting closer, he is also switching his focus towards other hobbies. He is thinking about doing some major work on his 4Runner, finally. He has wanted to get it taken care of for so long, but never had the time or means to do it.

Me: Other than the pregnancy, the biggest thing I've been busy with is definitely my sewing blog. I've been featured a few times on other blogs, and I'm back to selling things on Etsy again. It's been a little hectic, but really fun. Since it's a hobby that I can do sitting down, it's been great for all these evenings when I'm not feeling up to doing much of anything else. I'm hoping (haha) that I'll be able to get some more done during maternity leave. We'll see how that actually goes. (Leave the "Yeah right!" comments to yourselves please). I also started a new book this week. So far, I'm really liking it! It's very thick and intimidating when you first pick it up. But it's been an easy read so far. It's called "The Year I Turned Sixteen: Rose, Daisy, Laurel, Lily" and it's by Diane Schwemm.

No comments: