"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sleeping Problems

How many of you Pregos and Moms out there had sleeping problems near the end of your pregnancy? I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. I keep getting this jittery feeling in one of my hands or one of my feet. Kinda like when your feet are hanging off the end of the bed, and they feel vulnerable, like someone is about to grab them. I keep calling it "the heeby-jeebies" haha. The only thing I can do to make it stop is take a nice hot shower. But that's not very convenient at 3am. And even when I do get a shower in, it just comes back an hour or two later. Any suggestions??

33 Weeks!!!

3 comments:

J and M K family said...

Gosh, I hated the last bit of my pregnancies! The no sleep is sooo annoying! I found that sleeping sitting slightly up helped. I had a stack of pillows behind me so I could basically sleep sit. Also, the weird leg thingy. It sounds like maybe the baby is cutting off some nerves or blood vessels or something. I would suggest getting a belly support. lol. My legs would fall asleep a lot during my last trimester because Ethan was so much weight on my legs that he was pushing down on vessels or nerves. Lifting her up a bit with a support thing might help. I dunno. Maybe your 'heebie jeebie' feeling isn't your leg falling asleep.

Calista said...

I was very insomniatic the last month or so of my pregnancy. I couldn't fall asleep until 2 or even 3, and when I did fall asleep I had to get up every hour to go to the bathroom. I would keep taking my unisom, but it didn't really work anymore. I used a lot of pillows to sleep too - I was pretty propped up, and I always slept on my side. That helped me avoid the numb feeling in my legs and feet. Good luck - you're almost there!!!

Bethany said...

I can't believe you are almost done with your pregnancy. It went by so fast (for me anyway). I guess checking up on blogs every once in a while I can get behind on all of the news. I'm so excited to see pics of Jordyn, she will be beautiful. Anyway, I had a terrible time sleeping as well. I used a body pillow and slept with it between my legs so I wouldn't cut off circulation. I also slept with extra pillows under my back/head so I was slightly propped up. Also, I did take baths, even at 1/3/4AM in the morning! Very crazy, but sometimes it's the only thing that works. I would take several baths a day when I was pregnant because I was sick too and that was the only thing that seemed to help. My water bill was very high though!!! Can't wait, so excited for you Amanda!!!