"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Friday, June 3, 2011

One Month Already!!

I can't believe Jordyn will be one month old tomorrow! It seems like I was in the hospital just yesterday. You guys weren't kidding when you said that you forget all about the delivery after it is over. I would do that over and over again if I had to.

I think one of the things that has surprised me the most about being a Mom, is all the things that I have learned about myself. Want to know what you are capable of? Have a baby. I never realized how tired, loving, patient, exhausted, scared, or angry I could be. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! I think it's my body's way of putting me through a crash course to show how bad it can get, so I will appreciate the good times more.

Chris has been wonderful. He has really taken to being a Daddy. It's very natural for him. He is so comfortable holding her, and he spends a lot of time talking to her when she is awake. She absolutely loves his voice too. When she is fussy at night, Chris will hold her and walk around the house humming or singing to her, and it always calms her down immediately. He is always checking in on us several times a day, and I never have to ask twice for help.


I'm also amazed at how quickly she has grown and developed, and how much she has changed! I thought I would start making a list every month. One of Chris's cousins does this, and I've always thought it was neat. So here we go..

- She loves having her feet rubbed, and stretches her legs out for more.
- Bath time is one of her favorites. She coos and splashes and kicks like crazy.
- She has been picking her head up since she was born, and gets more control of it every day.
- She is happiest in the morning, and will lay there cooing and smiling while you talk to her.
- Occasionally she will laugh in her sleep, and it's the cutest thing ever.
- Half of her newborn clothes are too small for her.
- She has already outgrown all of the newborn diapers.
- She makes tons of noises when she eats, and she always makes it sound like she is really enjoying it.
- She doesn't like being in her car seat when she is awake, but usually falls asleep pretty quick.





No comments: