"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return. " - Leonardo da Vinci
Baby (27) Blog (2) Books (5) Chris (27) Cooking (5) Did you know? (7) Frustrations (8) Home (12) Jordyn (4) Sewing/Crafts (23) Vacations (24) Work (5)

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cribs, Blankets, and Roses

   We finally got our crib mattress tonight! Grandma Jo bought us this cute sheet a week ago, and I have been so excited to finally set it up! The crib has been set up for a couple weeks now.. but it didn't look right until now =] Jordyn already has quite the blanket collection going too. (Thanks to our Vegas baby shower and Christmas gifts!)


   Daddy filled the holes in the wall, and hung her stuffed animal sling too =] I'll get a finished photo up later when the rest of the nursery is done.

      On a totally separate topic.. Chris bought me these gorgeous roses last night. But roses never last long in this house. My wonderful black furball has a taste for them. He chews on them when we aren't in the room. I woke up this morning to find the evidence...



   The little brat...


OH! P.S. Chris just received his letter in the mail, announcing that his application has been accepted for the Troutdale Police Department Reserves. He has a test next month. Cross your fingers for us!! He also turned in his application to be a full time paid officer at Troutdale as well. =]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe, I love that he bought you roses!! :) I have yet to receive flowers... Maybe I will hint at it, or something.

And CONGRATS to Chris!! That's so freaking awesome!!!! :) amazing! I wish him the best of luck!! YAY

Calista said...

We have the same crib I think!!! The stanton graco crib from Walmart, right? Ours is black - I love it. We found one that we loved at Burlington Coat Factory, but found it cheaper at Walmart, but then we wanted it in black and it only came in white.... anyway, long story short: we have the same adorable crib.